SPREAD THE WORD to ensure families get their Child Tax Credit benefits.
Starting July 15 and continuing through December 2021, the new Child Tax Credit in the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act provides monthly benefits of $250 per child between ages 6-17 and $300 per child under age 6.
What you need to know:
- Most families (nearly 90% of children in the United States) will automatically receive monthly payments without having to take any action.
- Families who did not file taxes last year still can access the benefit (see below).
What you can do:
- Help families who did not file taxes last year use the IRS’s Child Tax Credit Non-filer Sign-up Tool to apply for the benefits.
- Direct families to childtaxcredit.gov to learn more.
- Let families know about the AdvCTC Free Tax Prep Days, which are child tax credit outreach events in 12 cities nationwide.
Tips on spreading the word:
- Share the facts and resources on social media using the Child Tax Credit Toolkit.
- Connect with your MCH partners to share info on a Zoom call or webinar.
- Make sure care providers know about the opportunity and share directly with families.