- This event has passed.
Health And… Safe and Stable Housing: NYU Langone Annual Conference
May 16 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
From NYU Langone:
On Monday, May 16th from 1:00–5:00pm, please join us in welcoming keynote speaker, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Adrianne Todman. She will then have a dialogue with Dr. Matthew Desmond, Professor of Sociology at Princeton University, Director of The Eviction Lab, and author of the acclaimed nonfiction book “Evicted”.
Together, they will kick off an afternoon highlighting this year’s theme of Health And…Safe and Stable Housing. Panelists will address approaches to more firmly link housing with advancement of racial justice, improve indoor air quality, and leverage the healthcare sector to help address the housing affordability crisis.
We will be returning to an in-person format this year. The conference will be held in Tishman Auditorium at Vanderbilt Hall, 40 Washington Square S. We will also livestream the event.
Additional speakers include:
- Amanda Misiko Andere, MPA, Chief Executive Officer, Funders Together to End Homelessness
- Sheryll Cashin, JD, author, “White Space, Black Hood”, and Law Professor, Georgetown Law
- Kelly M. Doran, MD, MHS, Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine and Population Health, NYU Langone Health
- Vonetta Dudley, MA, CHES, Director, NYC Smoke-Free
- Jacob Faber, PhD, Associate Professor of Sociology and Public Service, New York University
- Akhgar Ghassabian, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Departments of Pediatrics, Environmental Medicine, and Population Health, NYU Langone Health
- Alisahah Jackson, MD, System Vice President, CommonSpirit
- Pascale Leone, MPP, VP, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Antoine Lovell, PhD, MSW, MPA, Incoming Provost Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
- Carolyn Olson, MPH, Assistant Commissioner, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Lorna Thorpe, PhD, MPH, Professor and Director, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Population Health, NYU Langone Health
- Rajesh Vedanthan, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Population Health & Director, Section on Global Health, Institute for Excellence in Health Equity, NYU Langone Health
- David Zuckerman, MPP, President, Healthcare Anchor Network
More details here.