- This event has passed.
DFMCH Grand Rounds Forum: Improving Birth Outcomes for Black Families by Connecting Care and Community to Advance Health Equity
February 8 @ 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
From the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Family Medicine and Community Health:
- Adrian Jones, UW Health Program Manager, Community Health Improvement
- Ariel Robbins, MPH, Program Director, Dane County Health Council
- Jawana Echols-Anderson, Community Health Worker Supervisor, UW Health
Moderator: Shelly Shaw, MPH
As a result of this educational session, participants will be able to:
- Outline Community Health Improvement and its role in program development.
- Improve and increase access to community resources.
- Support expansion of workforce diversity via career pathways for doulas, community health workers, and health promoters.
- Summarize current efforts of the Dane County Health Council in eliminating Black-white racial disparities in birth outcomes.
Intended Audience: All are welcome. The DFMCH Forum is a multidisciplinary and interprofessional conference series designed to highlight advances in clinical care, health equity, primary care research, medical education, and public, community and population health. The DFMCH Forum qualifies for a maximum of 1AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.